3700 seq analysis issue

Paul Shinn pshinn at mail1.sas.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 13 22:32:09 EST 2000

    Hello,

    This happens to me every now and then.  Whenever I use the cleanupdb
batch program to get rid of old runs and sample sheets, Sequencing
Analysis no longer automatically extracts the data.  DataExtractor will
create the run folder with all the sample files but when I load them into
SeqAnalysis, they have not been processed.  All I see is a squiggly red
line, for lack of a better word.  I must reextract all the samples again
before I can use them.  I've been able to fix this in the past but there
was no rhyme or reason to why it was resolved.  Anyone experience this
and have a fix?

    One of our 3700s also seems to have database issues on the E: drive.
The "good" 3700 has about 2.2GB free while this machine, who will go
unnamed, only has 990MB free on E:.  The "bad" machine has had recurring
problems and I've had to reinstall Collection at least 3 times already.
Is there another nifty fix for freeing up all that space?

								Thanks,
								Paul

---
Paul Shinn
Sequencing Coordinator                                    ,___o
pshinn at neomorph.bio.upenn.edu                            _-\_<,
Arabidopsis thaliana Genome Center                      (*)/'(*)
http://genome.bio.upenn.edu/ATGCUP.html
(215) 573-7256