Alignment Software

James VanEe jiv2 at
Thu Sep 28 08:09:53 EST 2000

   Codoncode sells phred/phrap/consed with "enhanced" value like
support and binaries/modifications for multiple operating systems. indicates the
availability of the source code for the software by request for
academic use. Admittedly this is an older page, but there is a link
to it from
This is the method I used to acquire the software and it is
absolutely free for academic research.

Thank you very much for the link to the poster.  It is exactly what I needed.

>Phred-phrap is NOT free according to prices for non-profit
>Academic users are between 880-920US$ according to operating system version.
>There should be no problems with Licor eseq:
> in addition the new
>software(eseq) is able to convert licor data to SCF 3.0.
>Jannik Helweg-Larsen, MD
>Department of Infectious Diseases 144
>H:S Hvidovre University Hospital
>Kettegaards alle
>2650 Hvidovre
>email jhelweg at
>phone +45 36 32 35 11
>fax +45 36 37 33 40

James VanEe                              Phone: (607) 254-4862
BioResource Center
Computing Facilty
170/171 Biotech Bldg                       Fax: (607) 254-4847
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853                 www: