scf viewer

jkb at jkb at
Fri Apr 20 12:04:42 EST 2001

In <9bov24$a1f$1 at> Fabien Jovelin <f.jovelin at> writes:

> does anybody know a "small" SCF files editor for MacOS...infact smaller tha=
> GeneTool or TraceViewer..
> thanks for your help

I attempted to port Trev at one stage, and it more or less worked. However it
was rather flakey. (Actually, come to think of it, the entire Mac was flakey!)
If I was to try again I'd start with MacOS X. I expect that Trev would work
pretty easily then.

Anyway, there's quite a few Java ones around. I don't think they're as nice
though, but it may be an option.

If you, or anyone else, is interested in trying to develop anything yourself
then you may find the io_lib library useful. It contains freely available
source for dealing with ABI, ALF, SCF, CTF and ZTR trace formats (with the
first two being supported read-only and the latter three read-write). It's as

Good luck,

PS. If you find a good one, be sure to post it back here. I'm sure this
question has come up more than once before.
James Bonfield (jkb at   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at