scf viewer

James VanEe jiv2 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 20 15:32:02 EST 2001

James,  Trev on OSX would be great - and classic macOS would be cool,
but I understand your pain.  I bet it wouldn't be that difficult even
if you had to couple it to a x-server like weird-x (sounds flakey) or
Tenon's product.
-James

>In <9bov24$a1f$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> Fabien Jovelin
><f.jovelin at eurosequence.com> writes:
>
>>  does anybody know a "small" SCF files editor for MacOS...infact smaller tha=
>>  GeneTool or TraceViewer..
>>  thanks for your help
>
>I attempted to port Trev at one stage, and it more or less worked. However it
>was rather flakey. (Actually, come to think of it, the entire Mac was flakey!)
>If I was to try again I'd start with MacOS X. I expect that Trev would work
>pretty easily then.
>
>Anyway, there's quite a few Java ones around. I don't think they're as nice
>though, but it may be an option.
>
>If you, or anyone else, is interested in trying to develop anything yourself
>then you may find the io_lib library useful. It contains freely available
>source for dealing with ABI, ALF, SCF, CTF and ZTR trace formats (with the
>first two being supported read-only and the latter three read-write). It's as
>ftp://ftp.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pub/staden/io_lib/.
>
>Good luck,
>
>James
>
>PS. If you find a good one, be sure to post it back here. I'm sure this
>question has come up more than once before.
>--
>James Bonfield (jkb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)   Tel: 01223 402499   Fax: 01223 213556
>Medical Research Council - Laboratory of Molecular Biology,
>Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH, England.
>Also see Staden Package WWW site at http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/pubseq/
>
>---

James VanEe                              Phone: (607) 254-4862
BioResource Center
Computing Facilty
170/171 Biotech Bldg                       Fax: (607) 254-4847
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853                 www: http://brcweb.bio.cornell.edu