3700 contamination among capillaries

bmr bmr at cribi.unipd.it
Sat Aug 4 06:28:12 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a contamination problem among capillaries in the 3700 and I was
wondering if there is someone else that has the same problem and maybe
has solved it.

I discover it because in a well where there should have been no segenal,
I could read a sequence.
Later I discovered that the problem was also in other capillaries.

The contamination is among adjacent capillaries
Es: cap. 71 had the same sequence of cap. 69
The sequence in cap 71 was 300 bases and sequence in 69 was double for
the first 300 bases after while it continued as single.
In the double portion I could clearly recognize the sequence in cap.71.
I could also see the signal from cap.71 in cap 70.

I have many other case like this.

I have been told that the problem is due to the fact that the signal of
contaminating sample is too high and in effect many of them where out of
range (>7000), but I made another run of the same 96 plate with a lower
injection voltage and the signal of contaminating samples resulted
1000-3500, but the contamination was still presents even if in less
capillaries than the first run.
I made a new spatial calibration before the second run.

Could someone help me?

Thsnk in advance

                Barbara Simionati
CRIBI Biotechnology Centre