Mixing genescan and sequencing/SNaPshot

SMarsh3807 smarsh3807 at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 22:08:17 EST 2001

>You could specify different dye sets in the plate import record, couldn't
>you?

Yes, but the software won't analyze them in the different dye sets from what I
understand.> I would like to
>know if anyone has run into problems using different spectral profiles on
>one instrument.  Also, if anyone has experience running SNaPshot with POP6.

One thing to be carefull of is that if you switch back and forth between is you
most likely run into the left-right signal issue. Switching back and forth may
require the instrument to be realigned for each polymer. Ours is like that. We
tried pop-5 switched back to pop6 and had the alignement redone. We were unable
to switch back to pop5 using the temp changes for the runs. I have not used
SNaPshot.
Steve