number of alleles of a gene

Louis Geller demode101 at
Sun Dec 23 13:31:41 EST 2001

I'd like to add one more point...
Within a few genes (and here I mean specifically coding regions of these
genes), we are not likely to see any mutations or polymorphisms.  Many
people believe this is because mutations in these genes are simply
incompatible with life.  Such cells containing such changes would be
embryonically lethal.

Louis Geller

"Live Ever, Die Never!!!"

demode101 at