sequencer comparison

Alfredo Jabor jabor at unisys.com.br
Sun Jan 7 01:33:53 EST 2001

Hello, James,
Can't help on that...I am facing the same dillema...but could not
confirm that there are 16/48-capillary models for the MegaBACE 1000
(APBiotech).  In fact, the MegaBACE have 96 capillaries arranged in
16-capillary arrays.  Anyway, it would be nice if there was such medium
throughput alternative in the market.  Heat among the companies would
increase, and prices would "decrease"!
Best regards,
Alfredo Jabor
Laboratory of Viral Technology
Biomanguinhos/FIOCRUZ
Av Brasil 4365 Manguinhos
21045-900 RJ, Brasil
homepage: www.fiocruz.br

>Hello all,
>
>      Looking for some advice on purchasing an automated
>sequencer/genotyper. We are a small one ABI 377 lab looking to add a
>second machine, thinking about the ABI3100 16 capillary machine. Anyone

>have some feedback on this machine, the megabace 1000 (there is a 16
and a
>48 capillary machine available from APBiotech now) and the MJ Research
>BaseStation? Concerned about throughput, machine downtime and
consumables
>cost. Not considering the LiCor machine due to different chemistries.
Any