ABI 3100: red dye blob at 240 basecalls

Roland.Varecka at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com Roland.Varecka at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Tue Jul 3 03:02:17 EST 2001

Dear Angela, dear Steve,

thanks for your hints on loading the multiscreen plates. I ran some test
and the trend is clear: either reducing the loading volume from 30uL to 15u=
making sure the samples are applied exactly at center column) or increasing
the amount
of Sephadex G-50 from 45uL to 90uL produced very nice and clean sequences.=
The latter method gave more consistent sample quality and samples are more
loaded when using an 8-channel pipettor, however may be a bit messy for
routine application,
as the swollen gel slightly protrudes over the rim of the wells (reminded m=
a bit of freshly tapped draft beers). I have also ordered the Quiagen DyeEx
96 kit.

Thanks again,

Roland M Varecka
Boehringer Ingelheim Austria GmbH