PE biosystems version 3 sequencing kit

Dr.Duncan Clark news at []
Thu Jul 19 10:02:44 EST 2001

In article <9j6ff2$q6t$1 at>, the eminent Joanne
Gilfillan at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre
>We recently tried out the Big Dye Terminator Kit Version 3 on our ABI
>377 sequencer.  We experienced an offset/shift of the GTP in relation
>to the other bases, creating problems with the base calling. Version
>1 of this kit gave us no problems at all. Has anyone else also found
>this, and if so, are there any ideas on how to remedy this problem?
>Does anyone know whether version3 has been tested extensively on
>gel-based systems?

Just a thought. Do you not need to generate a new matrix for the kit,
which will then overcome these problems?

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.
Tel. +44 (0) 1252376288