(1)TAPS buffers (2) Sequencher

m.p.woodland m.p.woodland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 08:57:09 EST 2001

M.P. Woodland Ph.D
DNA Sequencing Manager,
Dept. of Biochemistry,
Imperial College  of Science,Technology & Medicine,
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington,
London SW7 2AZ

Email:-m.p.woodland at ic.ac.uk
Phone:-020 8594 5307

Hi  All  -  for  sometime I  have  been routinely using  the  Long  read
protocol  for  the  377  and  it  works  well.  However   the  principal
drawback  is  the   cost  of  TAPS  at  =A3245/kg .  As  a  non  chemist  c=
an
someone  tell  me  why   Bicine or  Tricine,  which  have  similar  useful
pH  ranges,  could  not  be  substituted  for  TAPS ?

So  you  like  the  look  of   Sequencher  you  want  to  look  at  your
PHRAP  files  not  just  the text  and  Sequencher  is  the  only  one  tha=
will  do  it  on  the  Mac. You cant  afford  it...... The  demo  fully
featured  but  wont  print/save. ....Why  are  you  holding the following
keys   APPLE+SHIFT+CAPS LOCK+4  down, Releasing  and  clicking  on  that
Sequencher  window  ?  Not  sure  I  quite  follow  you  on  that  one  old
fruity ! Damn good  job  you  can  take  a  Window  Snapshot  with  OS 9
innit??  So  much  better  than  the  Screen  Snapshot .  I  love  you
Steve=20

Spank  em  an  Spank  em  good  they  make  far  too  much.

Marc