difficult template

Sabina Belli Sabina.Belli at uts.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 02:56:34 EST 2001

Hi!

I am trying to sequence a 700 bp PCR fragment. I cannot seem to clone
this fragment because it appears to be susceptible to rearrangements. I
have managed to sequence about half of it, then the sequence just
becomes illegible. Although I have used a number of forward and reverse
primers, the sequence stops in the same place, at what appears to be a C
rich region. I have been using the ABI system and dye terminators.
Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can sequence through the
last 300-400 bp of this sequence?

Thank you

Sabi na Belli (PhD)
Molecular Parasitology Unit