3100 users

Joseph W Cook Joseph.Cook at bms.com
Thu May 10 13:13:37 EST 2001

We have  not experinced any of these problems with our two 3100's.  We have
had one machine for several months now and just recently received delivery
of another.  I have yet to experience any major problem.  In my experience,
this is the most robust piece of equipment in our lab.  Our network is
always connected to the instrument computers.  I even transfer data from the
machine to the server during runs.  I don't know about the error log because
I have not had the need to look for it.

I'm very suprised to here about any problem.  It sounds like a software
issue.  I suggest having a service engineer come and do a complete
rei-nstall of the software.

Joe Cook
DNA Sequencing
Bristol-Myers Squibb