3100 users

Joseph W Cook Joseph.Cook at bms.com
Thu May 10 13:13:37 EST 2001

Alison,

We have  not experinced any of these problems with our two 3100's.  We have
had one machine for several months now and just recently received delivery
of another.  I have yet to experience any major problem.  In my experience,
this is the most robust piece of equipment in our lab.  Our network is
always connected to the instrument computers.  I even transfer data from the
machine to the server during runs.  I don't know about the error log because
I have not had the need to look for it.

I'm very suprised to here about any problem.  It sounds like a software
issue.  I suggest having a service engineer come and do a complete
rei-nstall of the software.

Joe Cook
DNA Sequencing
Bristol-Myers Squibb