direct sequencing of long DNA fragments on ABI 377

Krzysztof Lubieniecki klub at
Mon May 14 08:09:07 EST 2001

Hello everyone,

I want to sequnce PCR product of about 1000 bp according to Applied
Biosystems' user bulletin (subject: Achieving Longer High-Accuracy
Reads on the 377 Sequencer - updated version 03/2001). In the bulletin
it is recommended to use 4.25% PAGE-PLUS gel. I am wondering if anyone
tried using Long Ranger instead of the recommended PAGE-PLUS
gel? If so what were your results and what percentage of gel did you
Also, does anyone have another method for sequencing long DNA

Thanks in advance,

Krzysztof Lubieniecki
Immunogenetics Department
Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding