need help - alignment of sequences

Dr N.I.Leaves nleaves at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 12:06:25 EST 2001

I dont believe Sequence Navigator is still available... they certainly
stopped distributing it for a while, perhaps there is a new version now?

I would suggest investigating Emboss (www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk), perhaps GCG, or
TIGR-assembler. All of these should assemble txt files of sequences
checking for reverse complimentarity as well as identity. I think this was
a major problem with Sequence Navigator... I would only assemble if you
knew which strand you were on.

Good luck

nick

On 1 Nov 2001, Louis Geller wrote:

> Sui,
> I would use ABI Prism's Sequence Navigator, if you have it.
> I use it all the time for comparing sequence electropherograms as well as
> text sequences.  This is a Mac-based program.  You may need to convert the
> files to mac-text.  That is, use SimpleText to open them, and save from
> there.
>
> Good Luck
>
> -
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Louis Geller
>
> "Live Ever, Die Never!!!"
>
> demode101 at earthlink.net
> louis_geller at yahoo.com
>
> Home Page: http://home.earthlink.net/~demode101
> "Xiangzhen Sui" <xsui at purdue.edu> wrote in message
> news:9re2vg$sd1$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk...
> > Dear sir:
> > I want alignment of my sequences. But my sequences is in txt format:
> > sequence name.txt, I can not compare them with some software, for
> > example, Clustal/Jalview alignment, Can you tell how I can compare my
> > sequences or how I can change the format of my sequences?
> > Thank you very much.
> > Sui
> >
> > ---

end
Dr N I Leaves
Mouse Sequencing
MRC HGMP Resource Centre
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SB
tel: 01223 494557 (office) or 01223 494541 (lab)
email: nleaves at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk