3700 384-Well Format

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 19 14:54:20 EST 2001

    Very strange, the standard water carboy has at least enough water for a 24
hour run in our hands.  That is two 384 well plates.
    I bought an extra waste container and put water in that. I've done 12 runs
over the course of a weekend without adding/changing reagents. I think 14 would
work fine. For 16 I would be concerned about overflowing the waste container.
But you could probably modify the waste container so to allow overflow to go
into a waste container outside the 3700.
    Actually, you wouldn't need to do 16 runs--15 runs with all 104 capillaries
would be more than enough to run all 1536 samples in four 384-well plates.

Phillip SanMiguel
Purdue Genomics Core Facility