SCF or ABI chromatogram modification

jkb at jkb at
Fri Jan 11 09:07:02 EST 2002

In <a1ka1e$4d2$1 at> Tony <darthvaderscat at> writes:

> Does anyone know of software that can be used to modify a chromatogram
> file esp seperate out signals, reassign base to signal (ie if I
> seperate out the Green signal and call it a T instead of an A) and
> recompile signals. THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I don't know of tools to do that, but we have a C library of routines for
manipulating ABI, SCF, ALF, CTF and ZTR trace formats (they're all loaded into
the one standard data structure). It ought to be quite simple, if you're a
programmer, to use the library to manipulate the files. Please see

Good luck,

James Bonfield (jkb at   Fax: (+44) 01223 213556
Also see Staden Package WWW site at