Another problem with 3700/3100 buffer

Eugene Kulikov eumenius at nm.ru
Fri Nov 22 11:48:48 EST 2002

I found it! I found an exact recipe of this CE buffer. 10X contains 1M
TAPS, 50 mM EDTA, pH 7.9-8.3, conductivity about 8.5 mS. But... there
is a problem. While trying to adjust the pH to required (using
TAPS-acid, 2Na-EDTA and either KOH or NaOH), I am getting it far too
conductive!! Could anyone suggest the right counterion, or point me to
my fault? It surely doesn't contain any TRIS, according to NMR spectra
taken by me. I feel really silly about the whole thing :)

Zhenya