Mason, A.L. alm19 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 05:08:19 EST 2002

Dear Colleague,

We have a loading problem with the H12 position on a 96 well plate, when running LMS 2.5 markers for genotyping analysis.

The sample at position H12 only is not aspirated, and therefore we get a failed capillary for this sample. It tends to happen  on the second run of a given batch. Although, the problem has occurred in two positions B and C, when 4 runs are put on together.

We are using an ABI 3700 Sequencer, with POP-6 and firmware 1.2.2, could the firmware be the problem, or is there another reason for this recurrent problem?

Best Regards,

Peter Braund.
(psb7 at le.ac.uk)