Large "G" Peak ~85 bases

David C.Fritzinger dfritzin at nospam.hotmail.nospam.com
Tue Sep 10 09:00:54 EST 2002

In article <alfo7g$2l3$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>, John
<jws36065 at GlaxoWellcome.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone had ever encountered a large "G" peak/blob around
> 85 bases when sequencing.  We've narrowed the cause down somewhat, but I'd
> be interested in hearing from others.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John
> ---
I think you need to give some more information. What kind of sequencer
are you using. What kind of chemistry are you using?

I'll make a stab at it, but since I don't know the chemistry you're
using, I could be wrong. Assuming that you are using dye terminator
chemistry, the obvious possibility is that you aren't completely
removing the terminators from your reaction. If that is the case, you
might want to try a better method of cleaning up your reactions. One
possibility would be to run them over special spin columns designed
just to remove excess terminators.

David C. Fritzinger, Ph.D.
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii