DNA purification from gel

pheh ping phehping at rocketmail.com
Sun Apr 20 08:17:43 EST 2003

Good day,
I am using gel extraction kit to purify the PCR
product prior for sequencing. Supposing this is a
straight forward work, however I face problem here.

I need to extract 1 fragment sized 484bp. I runned on
a gel, cut it and clean with the gel extaction kit.
After cleaning, I rerun on the gel to confirm on the
band. Surprisingly, besides the 484bp fragment, there
is another larger fragment with the same intensity,
around 700bp. This has repeated despite that I change
the buffer and reagent involved.

Anybody has the same experience? Anyone has any advice
or opinion here?

Thanks in advance!

Pheh Ping, Chang
University Malaysia Sarawak