3700/3100 running buffer

Hall, L.S. lsh11 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 27 04:35:36 EST 2003

Dear colleague(s),

I am in the process, or at least considering, switching from AB 10x 3700 running buffer in order to save money.

To my knowledge two other suppliers exist: Sigma who are cheaper than AB and from what I have heard offer 'good quality' buffer and 'Web Scientific' (UK) who are cheaper again; However, rumours abound that the Web buffer might erode the capillaries, I have therefore ruled out this source in perpetuity.

Can anyone relay their experiences relating to the Sigma buffer or for that matter other suppliers offering good quality validated buffer ??

Thanks for any help,

Laurence Hall

		"Further to my posting on 7 February 2003 headed "3700/3100 Running Buffers" (see above), I wish to take this opportunity to clarify the situation to all those who read that posting and unreservedly to withdraw the allegation made.  The statement that "rumours abound that the web buffer might erode the capillaries", was inaccurate and had no proven basis in fact.

		"It has been brought to my attention that a number of scientific groups regularly use the Web Scientific Ltd buffer and that there is no evidence to suggest that the product impacts on the quality of sequencing capillaries. Therefore I retract my expressed view that I have "ruled out the source in perpetuity"."

Laurence Hall
Clinical Sciences
Cardiology division
University of Leicester