3700 & service pack 6

SMarsh3807 smarsh3807 at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 03:55:56 EST 2003

>I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for the following
>problem.  The patches from Microsoft necessary to stay safe from the
>latest worms & viruses aren't able to be installed unless you update
>Windows NT to Service Pack 6.

Alex, WE use Norton anti-Virus and it works with Service Pack 5 and can be kept
up to date. WE also us zone alarm, but that can't be updated without SErvice
Pack 6 so I am not sure how much good it is doing. We are looking into a
Physical Firewall that will allow us to dump the sample files to the server for
the users to retrieve, but will not allow anyone else onto our computer.

Steve Marsh
DNA Sequencing Core Facility @ Caltech