[Automated-sequencing] Future of Autoseq mailing list/ bionet.genome.autosequencing newsgroup

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 21 16:22:26 EST 2005

If you are receiving this as an email, in all likelihood you subscribed
to the BIOSCI/Bionet Automated-Sequencing email list at some point
(possibly in the distant past). However, given the activity of this list
over the past 18 months, this fact may well have slipped your mind.

Our current status as a list is "maybe-defunct". I think this is just
because the list lacked a moderator for some time. Without a moderator,
nothing gets posted. I'll serve as moderator for the time being. But
perhaps we should consider whether this list needs to exist at all.

I think it should. Over the years I've gotten a lot of useful
information from this list. I was never subscribed--I just read it, and
posted to it, via the newsgroup bionet.genome.autosequencing. The number
of messages post was never very high. The most messages posted in a
single month was a little over 60.

But what do you think?

--
Phillip SanMiguel