[Automated-sequencing] sequencer question

Sarah Johnson Sarahj at rndsystems.com
Fri Nov 4 14:18:30 EST 2005

We currently have a Licor and Alf Express sequencing instruments.  The
Alf Express is not well supported anymore and I'm afraid it is not going
to work for much longer so we are looking at replacing it.  Does anyone
have insight into what platforms are best out there?  We are looking for
a mid- throughput instrument preferablly with reads greater than 800bp.
We are used to reads well over 1000bp from our Licor aparatus.  I am
interested in ease of use in regards to reagents and instrument,with
cost a factor.

Thank you inadvance for your information,
Sarah