[Automated-sequencing] DNA SEQ: 3730XL Tray on deck error

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 15 13:45:18 EST 2005

We keep running into a maddening error on our 3730XL:

Tray on deck does not match tray type in run setup

Maddening because this error usually happens in the middle of a batch of
runs from a 384-well plate. That is, the first or first few quads get
loaded and run fine. Then the batch errors out.

Usually it requires a service call to get the machine running again. But
I'm not entirely sure that the service call is what "fixes" the problem.
It might be turning the machine off for a couple of days. (An hour isn't
long enough. I just tried it.)

Replacing the plate sensor is among the methods that gets us running
again--for a time. But looking through old 3730.log files I can see 4
times that this has shut us down for a couple of days since the middle
of the summer.

Last time it coincided with our laser going out. The laser was replaced
and we ran for four days. Only to see this error pop up again.

Any ideas?