[Automated-sequencing] 3700 problems

Marília de Castro Rodrigues Pappas mariliac at cenargen.embrapa.br
Wed Oct 26 11:32:20 EST 2005

Dear Carrie Sougnez,

I´m a researcher from Embrapa, Brazil, and we just got an used 3700 in our lab and are trying to get familiarized to it. I think we´re experiencing the same problems discussed in Newsgroups:bionet.genome.autosequencing by september, 2000 (Subject: 3700 problems). I read some logs about buffer filling and didn´t realized it could be a memory problem but, in fact, it seems that qe have lots of problems with memory as the computer is constantly giving error messages. I´ve read in the discussion mentioned about a "port off.exe" that should fix this problem. Could you please tell me where can I find it or send it to me by e-mail?

Thanks in advance,

Marília de Castro Rodrigues Pappas
Embrapa Recursos Genéticos e Biotecnologia
Parque Estação Biológica
Final Av. W5 Norte
Brasília-DF
CEP 70770-900