[Automated-sequencing] Autoseq Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5 - Email found in subject

Fulton, Ciaran ciaran.Fulton at arradx-almac.com
Wed Sep 21 02:05:55 EST 2005

Thanks Phillip for the response...we have noticed a difference in the size of pellets with regards the QPix, that was something noticed from the very first time we used it and the other issues you mentioned we have also encountered and are looking at addressing. The QPix aside, we're finding the pellets the same size when we pick manually but the yields don't necessariy tally with the LOR result, we can get a good read length with next to nothing in the well, whereas wells where the yeild looks respectable fail. Admittedly we don't have a plate reader and the yield quantifications are on a respresentative number of random wells but in most of the cases there is no correlation. What is the range of yield that you work with Phillip?

The fact that everything in our facility is so well standardised this seemed to happen with the start of the 'new' cDNA library with the obvious difference being the host strain and method of transformation.

Ciaran

End of Autoseq Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

This e-mail is from ArraDx Ltd

The e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and privileged and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Any unauthorised direct or indirect dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received the e-mail in error please notify helpdesk at arradx.com or telephone +44 28 38 363841 and delete the e-mail from your system.

E-mail and other communications sent to this company may be reviewed or read by persons other than the intended recipient.

Viruses : although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus, you should, in keeping with good practice, ensure that they are actually virus free.

ArraDx Ltd. Registration Number NI 43067
Registered Address :  Almac House, 20 Seagoe Industrial Estate, Craigavon, BT63 5QD