[Automated-sequencing] Question regarding tray on deck error

Jeannine jkflagg at vbi.vt.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:38:20 EST 2006

Hello.  I was reading the posts from last year regarding the error
message "Tray on deck does not match tray type in run setup".  I am the
sequencer for the Core Lab facility at Virginia Tech, and am running a
3730.  I have had this error pop up twice now, within the last month.
The first time it happened, the ABI service technician had me replace
the sensors on the gripper.  This seemed to "fix" the problem (as was
stated in the other post), but today I ran into the same problem.  As
was mentioned, it seemed to happen in the middle of processing the same
plate-the first half of the plate ran without a problem, but the error
occurred when processing the second half of the plate.  I tried
shutting down the system and rebooting before trying to run the second
half of the plate.  This seemed to work for about 30 min. into the run,
at which point the autosampler grabbed the buffer plate and stopped.  I
again tried rebooting the system, but this time the autosampler grabbed
the buffer tray and pulled it underneath the sample plate-pulling the
cord connections out!  At this point, I decided to wait for the service
technician :-).  I was wondering if any of the previous technicians
posting on this site were able to resolve this issue?  Any suggestions
or advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Jeannine