More about the USENET updates.

smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Tue Aug 21 16:28:07 EST 1990

In article <Aug.20.22.46.03.1990.25527 at turbo.bio.net>, lear at turbo.bio.net (Eliot) writes:

> I suppose what I ought to do is to add a line in the header with a
> sequence number and have associated with each sequence number the
> accession numbers in a particular posting.  That way if you do lose
> some in transit you'll be able to figure out which ones.

That is not a bad idea, but if you know you have lost sequence number 59, as
an example, how will you know which sequences you have missed?  You are going
to keep an accessible file somewhere with all the sequence numbers and
associated loci?

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|
|E-Mail:  SMITH at NYUMED.BITNET (BITNET),  SMITH at MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU (Internet)|