More about the USENET updates: VMS software.

smith at smith at
Fri Aug 17 19:55:01 EST 1990

In article <1990Aug4.012439.9628 at>, roy at (Roy Smith) writes:
> In <6946.26b9a433 at> smith at writes:
>> either a lot of sequences were lost in delivery, or we still have a s/w
>> problem (sigh).
> 	I know a lot of sequences were dropped on the floor at phri when
> our network link was down for a while, so mcclb0 didn't get them either.
> Whether that accounts for the missing killolocus or not, I can't say.

We still do not have an explanation as to where the 'lost' sequences went.
What is clear, however, is that stripping the banks of the duplicates found
does not cause the loss of non-duplicate sequence data.

So its OK to strip the UPDATE bank (if you've been waiting).

In the meantine we have implemented sequence base-count checking for each
sequence delivered.  The modified distribution is in NIGHTLY.1 on our
MAILSERVer, or via anonymous/FTP.  Thanks to Brent Hobbs for the code.

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|