Brookhaven coordinates, displaying molecules

DAVE MERBERG merberg at VAX.WI.EDU
Thu Dec 13 10:12:00 EST 1990

>> Would anyone know of a program that would produce
>> 3-D graphics images of molecules that are defined by x,y,z
>> coordinates in the Brookhaven Protein Data Base format.

The Prophet package, distributed by Bolt, Baranek, and Newman in Cambridge
MA. does molecular display pretty nicely on SUN workstations.  The program
uses shading to give the illusion of three dimensions - I'm not sure if it
supports stereo.  I think its development was sponsored by NIH so it's not too
pricey (it also does some sequence analysis, statistics, and graphics).

					Dave Merberg
					Genetics Institute
					Cambridge, MA.
					merberg at vax.wi.edu