Sequence Analysis on the Mac

lehvaslaiho at cc.helsinki.fi lehvaslaiho at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Jan 5 10:31:36 EST 1990

In article <9001042152.AA10439 at net.bio.net>, V5222E at templevm.bitnet (Win Hide) writes:

> I currently use that, then port to a mac for the fun bits (I also use
> PAUP which is for phgylogenetic analysis on the MAc).

Where to get a copy of PAUP? Is it commercial or free?

--------------------

Since I am writing to this forum, I might as well mention a good sequence
analysis program:

A company called "Soft Gene Berlin" (or close to that, they have recently
changed the name) has a program called MacMolly. They sell it for DM 1320 (or
equivalent of US$) a copy plus DM 680 for additional copies. It consists of
four applications (Enter&List, Compare, Restrict and Translate) which together
do almost everything imaginable. They also have an ultra-fast EMBL sequence
database application for DM 5250.

The best part in using MacMolly is that by telling the company what you want,
you will get the feature in the next version in few mounths. That is the way
it worked for me, anyway. Also, for us in Europe, they are comfortably close.
The address is:

Dr. Burghardt Wittig
Soft Gene Berlin
Offenbacher Strasse 5