Sequence Analysis on the Mac

Theresa Farrah farrah at nwnexus.WA.COM
Tue Jan 2 16:31:03 EST 1990

I am trying to gather information on sequence analysis software
for the Mac.  Currently, our company uses UWGCG software, but all
of our scientists have Macintoshes and would prefer to use their
Macs for sequence analysis.  I am aware of the MacVector from IBI,
but the price seems prohibitive ($2500) given that we have about
30 users, each of whom would want the software on their own Mac.
Right now I am interested only in general-purpose software --
programs that do many things ranging from restriction mapping to
alignments and homology searches.  If anyone is aware of such
software, let me know and I'll post a summary of the responses.

Terry (farrah at nwnexus.wa.com)