Clustal

"Rainer Fuchs ", EMBL FUCHS at embl.bitnet
Fri Jan 19 11:32:00 EST 1990

 I forward this information to all owners of CLUSTAL. Since we log all
 requests for each program available from the EMBL File Server, everybody who
 has received a copy of CLUSTAL since 22-Nov-1989 was notified separately.

> From: IN%"summers at presto.ig.com"  "Murray Summers" 19-JAN-1990 16:51:02.22
> To:   fuchs at EMBL.bitnet
> CC:
> Subj: CLUSTAL

> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1990 17:11:29 PST
> From: Murray Summers <summers at presto.ig.com>
> Subject: CLUSTAL
> To: fuchs at EMBL.bitnet
> Cc: cameron at EMBL.bitnet
>
> Dear Ranier:
>
> I noticed recently on the info.gcg bbs that CLUSTAL is available on
> the EMBL server.  As of 11/22/89, IntelliGenetics has completed an
> agreement with Paul Sharp and the University of Dublin for worldwide
> rights to distribute, license and sublicense CLUSTAL.  As the holder
> of these rights, I would like to request that you remove CLUSTAL from
> your server.  This program is not in the public domain and we do not
> intend to place it there.  I would also like to request that you
> notify each person who has downloaded it from your server since
> 11/22/89 that the copy they have is an unauthorized copy and that they
> must destroy it.  I hope you understand that this action is necessary
> for us to protect our rights as granted by the University of Dublin
> and as agreed to by Paul Sharp and IntelliGenetics.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murray R. Summers
> Director of Marketing
> IntelliGenetics, Incorporated
> (summers at presto.ig.com)

 A short explanation: In September last year, Des Higgins, the author of
 CLUSTAL, gave us his permission to distribute this program. Because he had
 written it on contract for Paul Sharp at Dublin, the University of Dublin
 may have the rights for distribution. We apologize, but CLUSTAL will no
 longer be available form the EMBL File Server.

 Rainer Fuchs, Ph.D.
 EMBL Data Library
 fuchs at embl.bitnet