PROLOG on VAX/VMS

Sarah K. Barron sarah at HERMES.CHPC.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Jan 19 11:50:35 EST 1990

>I have a user who has an application (something in genetics - the details
>don't matter) which he believes would be easiest solved in PROLOG. We have a
>VAX running VMS but no PROLOG compiler/interpreter. Does anyone out there know
>any such system available on the VAX - and does anyone have any opinions about
>the compilers they use? Obviously, since we have not yet proved it's value,
>the less money we haev to spend the better!

>   Thanks for your help,
>                             Steve Roberts
_______________________________________

We also are running a VAX (VAX 8600) as one of our front-end machines (access
servers) to our Cray X-MPs.  We do not have PROLOG, however, except on our
Cray X-MP/24 which is currently running the COS operating system.

I spoke with the person here who installs PROLOG/LISP on our machines and he
said there is an expert there in the UK which can probably give you some
guidance.  Unfortunately, we cannot remember which school is at Cantebury,
but the person's name is David Turner, he is located at Cantebury, and he is
very sharp in applicative lanaguages.

By the way, I am a new member of the Human Genome computational effort here and
would be interested in talking with your user about his research (if you can
give out his name and email address).  Thanks.

Sarah Barron
Applications Research and Development Department
University of Texas System Center for High Performance Computing
Balcones Research Center, Commons Building
10100 N. Burnet Road
Austin, Texas 78753 USA

(512)471-2434
Internet:  sarah at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu