USENET GenBank distribution: Distribution file fixed.

smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:58:09 EST 1990

Oops!

      We found an error in the VMS s/w for processing the newsfeed of new
sequences early last week.  The error caused duplicates to accumulate in the
database, rather than to be stripped, as planned.
      Unfortunately, once this problem was fixed, the distribution created
which incorporated the fix was incomplete, hence the need for this message.

      We have re-created the full distribution this morning.  People who
pulled the distribution last week should re-collect it.  The correct
distribution size is 81 blocks (new version); the erroneous one was 24 blocks.

      The file is also available via ANONYMOUS FTP from mcclb0.med.nyu.edu.

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|
|E-Mail:  SMITH at NYUMED.BITNET (BITNET),  SMITH at MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU (Internet)|