algorithm to infer inversions

Sun Sep 16 22:12:00 EST 1990

G'day there,

I see from your address line that you're writing from the vicinity of Monash
University, in good old Aus!

LA>From: lloyd allison <lloyd at BRUCE.CS.MONASH.OZ.AU>
LA>Subject: algorithm to infer inversions

With respect to the reference to the paper on chromosomal inversions:

LA>can anyone mail me a reference to a paper by
LA>Watterson, Ewens, Hall & Morgan  1982
LA>on an algorithm to infer inversions in chomosomes.
LA>I am missing the journal, volume and page numbers.

I did my Ph.D. in the Department of Genetics at Monash University, and the
"Morgan" in the reference is Dr. Tony Morgan who is on the staff there.  Give
him a yell and he'll give you a reprint.  If you do, say "Hi from John and
Trax".  I believe they're still working on chromosomal inversions there.  Also,
the "Ewens" (and maybe the other authors) are from the Dept of Mathematics at
Monash University.

Hope this helps,

     John H.E. Nash <Bitnet: NUM208JN at NRCCAD.NRC.CA >
     Institute for Biological Sciences,
     National Research Council of Canada,
     Ottawa, Canada  K1A 0R6.

     Phone:  (613) 990-0990     Fax:    (613) 952-9092.