Seeking workstation lab notebook software package

CORBATO at cc.utah.edu CORBATO at cc.utah.edu
Sat Apr 6 16:14:33 EST 1991

[This is essentially a duplicate of an earlier posting on sci.bio]

Can anyone out there recommend an Xwindow based lab notebook package (either
commercial or public domain)?  Desired features would provide for seamless
inclusion of text (ASCII/Tex/Latex) and Postscript as well as mouse drawing
capability.  Specifically, we are looking for such a package running under
Ultrix v4.1 (DS3100/5000) and X11R4.  We have heard of the Virtual Notebook
System developed for the Human Genome Project.  Does anyone have experience
with this package?

Please respond to me directly as I usually do not read these newsgroups.  I
will post a summary if merited.
                              Thanks, Steve Corbato
	                      Univ. of Utah Physics Dept.
			      corbato at cosmic.physics.utah.edu (Internet)