Neuron Tutor?

Alberto I. Roca roca at psl.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 29 09:47:56 EST 1991

In article <1991Apr29.004118.19704 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, bryans at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (B. Charles Siegfried) writes:
>HSTAMS at cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Henning Stams) writes:
>
>>Does anybody know of a program "teaching" the function of a neuron
>>(PD / Shareware / Commercial)?
>>This program should demonstrate the functioning of synapses, ionic channels
>>soma and so on.
>>Any hint is welcome. Please e-mail to
>>   hstams at cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE
>
>	I'm interested in this area also, so could responses be directed
>to the newsgroup?  Thank you.
>
>__
>Bryan Siegfried
>Biology and Economics at UIUC

You did not mention which computer you would like to use. This is what
I found for the Macintosh.

Model Neuron	Barry Polley	Cornell University $26 order#: LM-174-A
demonstrates dynamic aspects of excitable cell behavior and introduces students
to experimental design.

Frog Sciatic Nerve	Philip Stephens Villanova University $25
 order#: LM-133-A
HyperCard stack gives description of classic frog sciatic nerve preparation and
covers nerve coneduction, etc.

These are available from Intellimation at the following address:
Intellimation Library for the Macintosh
Dept YAS POBox 1922
Santa Barbara, California 93116-1922
USA

International orders can be faxed 1-805-968-8899
24hrs a day
include credit card and telephone number

order by applelink:
Internet: intell2 at applelink.apple.com
include same info as FAX

be sure to ask for their catalog.
good luck,

Alberto I. Roca                 Internet: roca at vms.macc.wisc.edu
Biochemistry                    Bitnet:   roca at wiscmacc
420 Henry Mall
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Wisconsin 53706 USA