BLAST

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Mon Aug 26 17:17:00 EST 1991

>  Does anyone know about the availibility of the fast database searcher
> BLAST. I know people at NIH and Harvard have access to it. Is it (1)
> available through some server on the net, or (2)available as source
> code?
> -Peter Markiewicz

GenBank is in the final testing stages of a new BLAST e-mail server.
This should be operational before the end of the week if all goes
well.  Please watch the GENBANK-BB/bionet.molbio.genbank newsgroup for
an announcement.  The BLAST code is also available for FTP from
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager