Molecular Biology Software For the NeXT Computer.

Richard E. Showalter rich at vaxkiller.agi.org
Tue Aug 13 12:50:36 EST 1991

Hello Bionetters,

	I just got my newsfeed so this is the first time that I have posted to
the list.  I am a SysAdmin at my research institute which just reciently
switched from a Vax VMS cluster using the GCG package to a NeXTStation using a
port of the LARK SAM and EUGENE molecular biology software.  I am interested in
finding out several things.

1).  Are there any other NeXT users out there using there machines for
Molecular Biology aplications.

2).  What kind of Unix shareware/freeware programs are available and have been
ported to run on the NeXT.  (This is important because I am a bench scientist
first and a SysAdmin last ie. I dun know no C programming).

3).  What other Commercial software venders have a "Working" UNIX package to do
DNA shotgun alignment and other DNA/protein sequence analyses.

Thanks for you help.