AI applications in science.

hcart at vax.oxford.ac.uk hcart at vax.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 02:44:27 EST 1991

    As background information for a proposed book, I am collecting
details on current, and projected, applications of Artificial Intelligence
in science.  I am keen to hear from any worker (academic, commercial or
other) who is working on, or plans to work on what they would regard as
an application of AI to such fields as chemistry, physics, the life sciences,
image analysis, etc.

    I do not need extensive information on how particular problems
are tackled - just an outline of the problem, and how you see it
being resolved using AI.  Nor am I interested only in problems in
which AI can be shown to be of definite value; I would also be
interested to hear of problems which you think might be amenable to
AI methods, even if no one has tried using AI on them yet.

    Any material to be published - which will be described in the most
general terms only - will be cleared first with the originator.

    I would be grateful for any information the net can provide.

    Thanks.

    Dr. Hugh Cartwright,  Physical Chemistry Laboratory, Oxford University,
                          Oxford, UK OX1 3QZ.  Tel (0865)-275483/275400
                                               FAX (0865)-275410
                          e-mail  HCART at vax.oxford.ac.uk