FTP viruses?

Cary O'Donnell ODONNELL at ARCB.AFRC.AC.UK
Tue Dec 31 04:43:00 EST 1991

There is one thing that bothers me about the idea of someone being able
to ftp something to one site as contributed s/w, then it gets copied to
several ftp sites shortly afterwards.

This is asking for someone to make mischief. So - who will, and HOW will
this system be screened for viruses and other damaging features?

At the risk of sounding ungrateful ;-) ftp site managers should recognise
this responsibility as well as accept the kudos.

Is this a real or imagined problem?

Cary

PS - I'm grateful, I'm grateful, honest :-)

AFRC Computing Division         JANET   : AFRC.ARCB::ODONNELL
West Common                     INTERNET: ODONNELL at ARCB.AFRC.AC.UK
Harpenden                       Tel: (+44) 582 762271 ext 229
Herts AL5 2JE                   Fax: (+44) 582 761710
U.K.                            (AFRC = Agricultural & Food Research Council)