===>> GRAYSCALE PRINTOUTS OF SCANS? <===

Tom Jacobs tjacobs at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 19 12:35:23 EST 1991

We are looking for a TRUE GRAYSCALE PRINTER, so that we can print out
pub-quality prints of gel, blot and autorad images we have scanned *and
annotated* in Aldus Freehand (or equivalent) on the Mac.  We are NOT
interested in Stratagene's system, or anything like it, wihch simply sends
images between a video camera and a printer.  We need to put a computer in
between, so that images can be manipulated and annotated.  Has anyone got
such a system working for < $10^5 (better <10^4!)?  In 5 years, this will
be a Silly Question, since we will all be digital and Polaroid MP4 systems
will be pushing up daisies with slide rules, I expect.

Any suggestions welcome.

advTHANKSance

Happy Holidays.

Tom Jacobs