sources vs. binaries

Rob Harper harper at
Thu Dec 19 04:08:11 EST 1991

In <9112181455.AA17189 at> MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET (Foteos Macrides) writes:

*>What would help is a monthly posting in about
*>the .sources subforum, briefly describing it, how/where to get the encoder
*>and decoder,

I have written some instructions on how I would like to see things done.
But is may seem that my ideas are at variance with the rest of the user
community. I can post it for you consideration.

I have also thought to make up a STARTER.KIT and put it on
so that people would be equiped to take advantage of things that are offered
on the network. If anybody would like to make recommendations as to what
should go into the STARTER.KIT then please let me know.

   Rob Harper                     /   E-mail:          harper at
   Finnish State Computer Centre  /   Molbio/software: harper at
   P.O. Box 40, SF-02101 Espoo    /   Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
   Finland                        /   Fax:             +358 0 457 2302