sources vs. binaries

Richard E. Depew red at
Tue Dec 17 20:44:05 EST 1991

Is it only me, or is anyone else disappointed that is being used to distribute binaries?

When I started shipping the newsgroup to my home
machine I had hoped that it would contain source code that could be read
for useful pointers.  Instead, we seem to be getting non-readable
collections of files.

I suggest that a new newsgroup for these non-readable postings be
created with the name of in the tradition of
comp.binaries.*.  Then I wouldn't have to subscribe to it.  :-)

Please reserve for source code postings in
readable form, following the tradition of comp.sources.*.

Dick Depew
Richard E. Depew, Munroe Falls, OH    red at (home)
uunet!aablue!redpoll!red              red at (work)
"...plug the RS-232 connector on the back side of the Mini Modem 2400 into
the RS-232 connector on your computer, then screw up." - modem instructions