sources vs. binaries

Richard E. Depew red at redpoll.neoucom.edu
Tue Dec 17 20:44:05 EST 1991

Is it only me, or is anyone else disappointed that
bionet.software.sources is being used to distribute binaries?

When I started shipping the bionet.software.sources newsgroup to my home
machine I had hoped that it would contain source code that could be read
for useful pointers.  Instead, we seem to be getting non-readable
collections of files.

I suggest that a new newsgroup for these non-readable postings be
created with the name of bionet.software.binaries in the tradition of
comp.binaries.*.  Then I wouldn't have to subscribe to it.  :-)

Please reserve bionet.software.sources for source code postings in
readable form, following the tradition of comp.sources.*.

Thanks,
Dick Depew
--
Richard E. Depew, Munroe Falls, OH    red at redpoll.neoucom.edu (home)