COMAP availability - correction

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Tue Dec 17 07:00:18 EST 1991

In <1991Dec17.093350.152985 at rrz.uni-koeln.de> KHOFMANN at cipvax.biolan.Uni-Koeln.DE (Kay Hofmann) writes:

>or you can get it by ftp from the following hosts (and the following DIRs)

>ftp.bio.indiana.edu                  /Incoming
>menudo.uh.edu                        /pub/gene-server/incoming
>nic.funet.fi                         /pub/sci/incoming

I have moved it from /pub/sci/incoming to /pub/sci/molbio/msdos
It is there as a zip file.

>I am aware of the fact that INCOMING directories are not meant for downloading
>of files, but as long as there are such long delays in moving the programs to
>their destinations and the incoming-dirs have read-access...
>Sorry if causing trouble with this,

If anyone went into /pub/sci/incoming they would not be able to "see"
anything since the protection is set up so that the files remain "invisible"
to everyone except the maintainers. You see some the "incoming" directories
of some sites have been abused by boys who want to distribute "naughty Gifs"
via anonymous ftp. You would suddenly loose alot of disk space, and the
ftp traffic into your site would make a sudden leap. As it is we keep a
daily track of everything that comes into the incoming directories, so we
know if something strange is going on.

By the way I posted COMAP to bionet.software.sources so for those fortunate
enough to be on USENET you can get the UUENCODED files from there.

(Confession time: John Nash pointed out that uae was in actual fact uad
so I reposted uae. Get those decoders working)

RGDS -=ROB=-
   Rob Harper                     /   E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
   Finnish State Computer Centre  /   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
   P.O. Box 40, SF-02101 Espoo    /   Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
   Finland                        /   Fax:             +358 0 457 2302