UH Gene-Server changes, fixes

Dan Davison dbd at THEORY.BCHS.UH.EDU
Tue Dec 17 00:32:36 EST 1991

After a successful three weeks, the new machine running the
gene-server software choked starting December 4 and finally gave up
the ghost this past weekend.

The server has been moved back to its old machine and, as near as I
can tell, all is restored to working order.

The SEND AUTHOR and SEND KEYWORD searches have been fixed so that they
do not give a collection of random output in front of your search
results. It was a mixed-case problem.

The WAIS sources for the gene-server software indices will be
unavailable until we get the the new server working properly and the
indices rebuilt.

If there are *any* problems with the Gene-Server or PIR FTP archive
please do not hesitate to let me know. It's almost certainly my fault,
not yours...

dan

Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77054-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU

"Dammit, Jim, I'm a biologist, not a bourne shell hacker"

myself.