ZIP_VMS.UAA (Part 1 of 2)

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Mon Dec 9 12:54:16 EST 1991

In <1991Dec9.160527.7196 at nic.funet.fi> harper at nic.funet.fi (Rob Harper) writes:

>So when your E-mail arrived in my mailbox I simply forwarded it on to
>bionet.software.sources. I did not send it to bionet.software... unless
>I am cracking up.

I have indeed checked both newsgroups bionet.software, and
bionet.software.sources and I only posted to the latter newsgroup.
In any case this newsgroup *SHOULD NOT* have any E-mail distribution
list associated with it... so it is a curious that anyone should receive
E-mail from this newsgroup... unless some wires are crossed at Genbank.

Did anyone else receive the VMS ZIP UUENCODE files via E-MAIL?
And not through USENET?

I have informed Dave Kristofferson of the incident and asked Fotes to
forward the E-mail he received to Dave so hat the situation can be resolved
and any confusion cleared up.

RGDS -=ROB=-

   Rob Harper                     /   E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
   Finnish State Computer Centre  /   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
   P.O. Box 40, SF-02101 Espoo    /   Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
   Finland                        /   Fax:             +358 0 457 2302